Position: Project Manager
Location: Port Harcourt
Our Client an FMCG Retail company is looking to engage the services of a Project Manager to join their team of professionals.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the timely execution of building projects in line with the company’s expansion strategy. S/he will provide management oversight for all phases of the company’s construction projects, including coordinating resources required for each project, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget.
The role holder will also be responsible for: –
- Sourcing for competent Contractors capable of delivering and commissioning allotted projects within set timeframes.
- Coordinating the various resources working on all company’s building projects
- Liaising with all regulatory authorities and government on issues relating to the projects
- Ensure quality assurance of materials delivered and negotiate best cost for project
- Liaising with Accounts Department on Contract Mobilization and Balance payments. Ensure prompt delivery of outlet tools to location.
- Project site scouting suitable for desired purpose.
- Ensure the implementation of the Planning and Progress Control System as per project size, project design and duration, in compliance with the Company Standards and specifications.
- Project Budgeting and Cost reconciliation
- Risk Management of all assigned Projects
- Liaising with site engineers on the progress of work on site as well as random checks on project works.
- Maintain records for all significant events, like contractual documents, productivity, deliverables, warehouse material inventory etc.
- Work alongside the Finance Department in determining the actual project cost/outflow in accordance with site location, size, and design among other factors.
- Final processing of Contractors invoice after necessary scrutiny though the Site Engineers and Project Manager.
- Assemble planning and cost deliverables by early engagement with project team to achieve prompt project execution.
- Assist in sites selection where required.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- At least 10 years of construction management experience, preferably within the Food services, Hospitality or Banking sectors
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Building Technology, Quantity Surveying or any other relevant field with at least a second class lower. Relevant Project Management certification required
- Recent experience working in a fast-paced, commercially driven, multi-location and fast-growth company
- Experience of implementing and managing commercial construction projects
- Knowledge of current building construction trends and best-in-class building practices
- Experience of using appropriate project management tools and systems is desirable