Title: Procurement Specialist (Raw Material)
Our Client a leading Chemical Manufacturing Company is looking to engage the services of a Procurement Specialist.
Responsible for the strategic sourcing of services and products (bill of materials and non-bill of materials), in addition to negotiating and arranging payments to vendors and suppliers in the most cost-effective manner
- Responsible for the purchase of all raw and packaging materials in respect of the paints business in line with the demand sales estimates.
- Responsible for the importation of raw and packaging materials and finished goods for the company. Processes relevant documents for importation of Raw and packaging materials and finished goods for the Client.
- Analyses and reports on market trends, raw materials and packaging prices, innovations and the activities of suppliers of raw materials and packaging.
- Develops buying strategies that optimize the potential value of supply markets and the business, ensuring their integration into the overall strategies of the business.
- Manages the raw material suppliers data base, defines supplier selection criteria, and coordinates the selection of new suppliers and the management of all raw materials and packaging suppliers.
- Manages relationships with all raw materials and packaging suppliers, including their interface with quality assurance, technical and finance departments.
- Ensures that suppliers provide maximum value to the business, and that they fulfill their contractual obligations to the business.
- Works with the business innovation teams in developing new products and packaging.
- Sources new suppliers or works with existing suppliers to complement the efforts of the innovation teams.
- Conducts buying negotiations with suppliers in line with laid down guidelines to ensure that the objectives of the company are achieved.
- Establishes re-order levels, re-order quantities and supply lead times, and regularly monitors raw material stock positions in all the factories.
- Maintains up to date records of packaging and raw material specifications and ensures that suppliers are kept informed of specifications updates.
Education and Years of Experience
- BSc in Business Administration, or any relevant field
- Minimum of 7 years’ related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Business Acumen
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Good knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- SAP experience is an a added advantage
If you meet the requirement, kindly send CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Procurement Specialist as subject of the mail.