Title: Procurement Manager
Our Client a leading Chemical Manufacturing Company is looking to engage the services of a Procurement Manager to supervise the team while ensuring timely availability of raw materials.
Ensure all materials required by the business, from raw material through packaging, consumables and capital equipment are purchased and delivered at most competitive rate and without delay ensuring no stock outs or business interruptions Negotiate supply and service contracts generating the highest level of service at competitive cost.
- Manage all procedures, documentation and follow-up relating to shipping details and documentation for import materials, including raw materials, capital equipment, and minimizing delays and costs
- Manage MRP for all raw materials, packaging and consumables ensuring zero interruption to manufacturing plans and customer order satisfaction.
- Lead all commercial negotiations creating the most advantageous benefit to the company considering cost, service and business continuity.
- Develop and leverage relationships with all major suppliers ensuring the Client is a priority customer sourcing sustainably and competitively.
- Negotiates lowest cost through strategic alliance with suppliers to achieving a year on year saving in raw material and packaging costs.
- Ensure all permits approvals and regulatory requirements are in place to facilitate timely and efficient ordering, importing and clearance of all good.
Education and Years of Experience
- Procurement experience in Chemical Companies, preferably with background in chemical sales within the Paint & Coatings industry
- Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or a related field.
- 5 years’ experience in related role.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Good knowledge and understanding of paint manufacturing process, paint and paint formulations.
- Solid negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert in OEM Sales, Pricing, Customer Relationship, Gathering and Analyzing Market Intelligence, Product Development, and MIS Reporting.
- SAP experience is an added advantage
If you meet the requirement, kindly send CV in word format to email@example.com with Procurement Manager as subject of the mail.