Position: Procurement and Logistics Specialist
Our Client, a leading Chemical Manufacturing Company is looking to hire a Procurement and Logistics Specialist to join their team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop plans for short and long term raw/packaging materials requirements of both in-house and 3rd party manufacturers based on agreed company plan and demand sales estimate.
- Handle all importation requirements for Marine brands within stipulated timelines; coordinating clearing agents, liaising with importers and ensuring proper documentation of all shipments.
- Coordinates the distribution and transportation of raw materials and finished goods to all country locations
- Eliminate stock out on all stock – raw materials, finished goods, imported products and other consumables with proper lead time planning
- Monitor 3rd party purchase cost of raw and packaging materials to ensure efficient and cost effective pricing
- Manages vendors’ data base, defines vendor selection criteria, and coordinates the selection of new vendors
- Conducts buying negotiations with suppliers in line with laid down guidelines to ensure that the objectives of the company are achieved.
- Performs any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
- A good first degree or its equivalent in a relevant subject
- Minimum of 6years’ experience in logistics and procurement functions within the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) manufacturing sector.
- He/She should be well-organized, self-confidence and possess high levels of integrity.
- He/She should be good at information management, demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills, be innovative and creative, have sound analytical skills and business knowledge, and be good at customer management.
Kindly send a copy of your CV in word format to email@example.com using job title as subject of the mail.