Our client a fast growing FMCG Food company is looking to employ the services of an experienced National Sales Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that the company’s/corporate sales target monthly/quarterly/yearly is met unfailingly
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve sales targets for each product line
- Plan and Deliver periodic sales targets.
- Develop new customer base and generate strategies that grow share of pocket, market shares, improve customer experience and drive growth of all product lines.
- Ensuring finished products are embedded in the markets with key focus on relevant customer targets.
- Supervises all activities of the Trade Market Development/ Sales teams.
- Day to Day Management – To manage the day to day operations of the company sales operation by providing guidance, encouraging team work and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards.
- To identify consumer base in given industrial segment, approach and promote the given product range, build the sale and service the account regularly.
- To deal with customer complaints/grievances and follow-up with technical team for resolution and support.
- To coordinate with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of interaction and transaction.
- To assess the various information tools, identify business opportunities, scope of new product development and pinpoint bottleneck areas i.e. market information report, market threats, and competitor’s initiatives etc. to further increase sales volume, market share and profitability.
- Sales Growth Targets – To ensure Sales Targets are achieved as per assigned product and region/key accounts wise through managing the effective sales strategy and follow-up to ensure accomplishment of sales operational plans.
- Customer Relationship – To maintain good customer base, manager customer relations, facilitate business managers/sales head to organize various business meets/seminars to boost customer engagement.
- To monitor stock inventories in alignment with the budget and re-order level for product as well as packaging.
- People Management – Manage effective communication by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, providing formal and informal feedback on performance and training needs in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- To develop second line successor and drive performance through team to take up higher challenges.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards
- As a National Sales Manager you will have the opportunity to be our first impression on all prospective clients in the market. You will open doors to all of our target clients, meaningfully filling the top of the Sales funnel, with a competitive drive to succeed.
- Presenting our services to a range of potential business partners.
- Intensive market research with focus on expanding the company’s customer base and identifying new business opportunities within the assigned territory.
Minimum Recruitment standards:
- Minimum of a first degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or other related fields
- MSc./MBA degree and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable and would be of added advantage
- Minimum of 20years relevant experience with at least 7years in similar role and organization
- Must have working experience in a Ball Food/ Cereal Company
More about you:
- Familiarity with Food channels across Nigeria
- Territory Management Skills (customer/outlet mapping, call/route plan, volume planning, Market Analysis).
- Proficiency in building and maintaining Strong Customer Relationship& Sales Team.
- Must possess good analytical and computing skills.
- You are able to present products and ideas with ease, confidence and persistence.
- You are not afraid to engage in the sales process and negotiation
If you meet the above requirements, kindly forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.