Position: HR Manager
Location: Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt
The job holder will drive the HR strategy to support the business divisions and deliver comprehensive, proactive, customer focused HR service, advice and guidance to managers, employees in the Company.
Key responsibilities include;
- Implement human resources strategic activities as communicated by the Human Resources Director
- Ensures the implementation of talent pipelines required for the Business Divisions
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection.
- Preparing and managing pay budgets and payroll; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees. Scheduling hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Enforces management guidelines by updating and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
Recruitment and Resource Planning
- Co-ordinates the requirement and availability of talent for the business division
- Provides people for all vacancies that exist in the division and ensures only credible employees are recruited at any given time
- Ensures staff onboarding and make available for all staff all work tools or conditions that contributes to or enhances the delivery of excellent performances from employees
- Conducts periodic Performance Appraisal across the operating team in the entire division.
- Advises management on the implication of the Appraisals outcome; promotions, merit pay, transfers, probations, exits etc.
- Recommends approaches and initiatives to manage and improve performance of employees to Line Managers
- Prepares and deploys payroll activities every month and ensure all employees are paid promptly and accurately
- Ensures preparation of payroll scheduling i.e. payroll report, Variance, statutory/voluntary deduction report etc.
- Advises management on total staff costs monthly, quarterly and annual for strategic decisions as they relate to revenue, operating costs by location and brands
Employee Relations and Compliance
- Establishes a network of relationships with the employees and ensure that this improves efficiency across the businesses division
- Conducts career counselling sessions with employees and set to encourage them and assist in enhancing their effective performance to the objectives of the company.
- Provides employee engagement programs that will improve initiatives and ingenuity across the business
- Ensures local employees and expatriates are aware of the laws of the government and that they comply adequately thereafter avoiding company defaults.
- Champions equality, inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Ensures adequate compliance to all company policies, internal control processes and approved processes
- Manages fairly and thoroughly all employees complaints about management’s actions, company’s processes or against any individual in the company
- Collaborates with departments to provide support, advice and assistance in resolving conflicts, grievances and ethical issues
- Manages and takes prompt HR actions towards absenteeism
Training & Development
- Identifies aspects of the business operations that requires adequate skills improvements through trainings
- Liaises with the training department to provide and facilitate the needed training required for the business to enhance the productivity of staff
- Provides feedback through nominated employees on all training’s scheduled for improved efficiency of the Training Unit
Records Administration; Staff Filing, Leave and Certification Verification
- Keeps the records; documents and files relating to all staff within the division
- Tracks the in and out of the files and the document contents of the file
- Ensures all due correspondences, memos, reports and certificates are tracked in each employees files
- Performs any other related task as may be assigned from time to time
- A good first degree in social/management/physical sciences
- Possession of a Post graduate degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or related field is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5years experience in a similar role
- Membership of the CIPM, PHRI, CIPD or any other related professional qualification is required.
If you meet the above requirements, kindly forward your cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org using “HR(Location of choice)” as the subject of the mail. Thank you.