Our Client an FMCG company in the Home and Personal Care space is looking to engage a General Manager who will be responsible for leading the execution of the overall company strategy, managing people and establishing policies.
- Play a leadership role in the execution of the overall company strategy.
- Drive various initiatives to maintain the profitability of the company.
- Drive operational and purchasing activities delivering cost and working capital improvements.
- Complete appropriate capital expenditure requests and justify recommended investments accordingly.
- Achieve satisfactory reporting, including projection submission, variance explanations, and monthly business reviews.
- Recommend organization structure as appropriate to maximize performance.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the management team, putting in place suitable succession planning activities where needed.
- Drive conformance to company policies and achieve satisfactory audit performance.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth.
- Maintain budgets and optimize expenses.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Direct employee assessment process.
- Higher Education Degree – University or Polytechnic. A completed MBA degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years’ experience playing leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability for full Profit &Loss responsibility
- Successful track record with solid job tenure in past positions.
- Knowledge of quality certifications and inter-workings between supplier and customer
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coach and manage experienced professionals within the company.