Department: Global health Informatics
Reports to: Executive Director
Open to Expats
Our Client, an international NGO is looking to engage the services of a seasoned Deputy Director to oversee the activities of the Global Health Informatics Department.
━ Product Strategy
- Assists with the development of a sustainable business and cost model for the division
- Provides visible leadership for the company within the Global and Public Health Informatics community.
- Overall responsibility for the product strategy of company software
■ LoMIS, Data Portal, PlanFeld, SMART
- Regularly meet with Program Management to assess and define future product needs
- Communicate overall vision for product development to Sr management, stakeholders, partners and development team
━ Oversee Solution design and delivery
- Lead, mentor and coach highly skilled engineers to deliver highly performant, well tested, scalable and usable applications
- Review and oversee the design and implementation of mobile-enable (Android), web-based health and demographic surveillance software.
- Formulate strategy, Solutions & Implementation of digital health solutions and approaches
- Work with Programs to set the high level development priorities/schedule
- Provide oversight to ensure that the development team is making good choices about when to build new software, reuse existing software or integrate with third party software/systems
- Ensures that the management and deliverables of informatics solutions are completed on schedule and stakeholders are kept aware of progress and milestones
━ New Business Development
- Performs business and technical feasibility analyses of complex informatics projects
- Builds strategic relationships with key leaders in Global and Public Health Informatics to intimately understand the needs of Sub-Saharan Africa.
━ Participation in Executive Level Strategy
- Actively participates in organization strategy conversations as part of the Executive Team
- Collaborates actively with national partner institutions, professional associations, and vendors in conferences, meetings, and projects.
- Development and monitoring annual and multi-year capital and operational budgets for the various projects and programs.
━ Team Management Responsibilities
- Oversee the professional development of direct reports
- Ensure directorate adherence to legal and company standards
- Monitor and analyze directorate operating costs
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings,
staff meetings, training classes, and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job. 一 PhD or Master’s degree in Health Informatics, Software Development or other related field or equivalent years of education and work experience or any related field.
一 Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Lead consultant or advisor to companies on digital health delivery system and setup would be an added advantage
一 Demonstrated executive/managerial skills, including experience managing complex programs.
一 Experience in building roadmap for health informatics system and strategic health policy 一 Ability to conduct research in relevant health informatic systems areas and capacity to support enabling environment for Health and mHealth projects and products.
一 Experience with technology systems, informatics strategic planning. 一 Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short and long term strategic planning.
一 Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
一 Practical knowledge of open source data integration and business intelligence tools 一 Cognate experience in data integration, cleansing, analysis and visualisation of data (Data
Analytics & big data) 一 Experience using project tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, Asana, etc) 一 Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with Board of Directors, funders, community Organisations, government officials, corporate executives, general public and staff.
一 Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team. 一 Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. 一 Knowledge of technology project management 一 Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely/quality decisions
If you meet the requirement, Forward your CV in word format to email@example.com, with job title as subject of the mail If you meet the requirement, you will be contacted shortly.