Operations/Commercial managers plan, direct and coordinate the operations of an
organization. The general operations manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the
performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational
operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. An excellent
commercial and operations manager with an entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership
skills. The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational
abilities to add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and
managing marketing efforts as well as keep abreast of trends and market conditions to
provide strategic advice to upper management. The goal is to promote and expand the
company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
• Strategic Input – Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of
strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
Develop and implement sales and commercial strategies according to company
goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth and meet set revenue targets.
• Commercial Operations and Revenue Drive– Build and maintain profitable
partnerships to drive sales with key stakeholders as well as monitor the performance
of all commercial and sales activities using key metrics to prepare reports for senior
management. Assist in setting revenue targets and budget development and
monitoring. Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs
are being met. Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new
• Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage, and monitor the workings of
various departments in the organization.
• Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve
profitability. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Plan
effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
• Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services
such as IT, HR, Accounts, and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication
between support functions.
• Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service – Manage customer support. Plan and
support sales and marketing activities. Collaborate with and coordinate diverse
teams (marketing, sales, customer service), etc.
• Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures
to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.
Spotting and resolving potential points of friction to maximize revenue and efficiency.
Ensure all processes are in line with health, safety, and government regulations with
the help of legal counsel.
• Human Resources – Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and
placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and
accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate
performance. Create strategies that increase productivity levels and establish an
enjoyable company culture.
Qualification and Requirements
• Degree in engineering mechanical/electrical, telecommunications.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of work experience in manufacturing, Agriculture, and Sales.
• Excellent communication skills should be good at both verbal and written
communication with a varied audience.
• Deep knowledge about the local market, ability to manage the project progress and
handle in-depth technical issues, strong team development, and leadership skills.
• Ability to create new Business streams and break into new territories in all fields.
• Familiar with Office standard packages (Word, PowerPoint, etc),
• Must be able to travel
• Good customer service orientation, communication skills, good team spirit and ability
to work independently
• Good data interpretation and processing skills.
• Ensuring operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
• Applicants should be open to learning new skills and technology.
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
• Commercial sales awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
• Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key