Sector: FMCG/ Retail
I am currently recruiting for a Chief Financial Officer who is to occupy the top financial position within the company, and is responsible for a range of activities, including accounting, fund raising, risk management, financial controls, treasury and tax etc. The ideal CFO should serve as a chief advisor to the Managing Director and ensure that the company is financially viable and positioned for long-term growth.
- Manage the accounting, treasury, and tax departments.
- Oversee the activities of any supplier to which functions have been outsourced.
- Manage the collection of accounts receivables promptly.
- Develop cash management systems at retail outlets.
- Compile and issue accurate financial statements on a timely basis.
- Measure the financial and operational performance of the business and report this information in regular reports to management.
- Manage compliance with a variety of tax and regulatory reporting requirements
- Understand the current and potential risks to which the business is subjected.
- Report on risk issues to the Board of Directors.
- Take steps to mitigate risks, including the use of control systems, shifting risk to other parties, and insurance coverage.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any related discipline.
- Professional qualifications e.g. ICAN, ACCA, CFA is required.
- A post graduate degree/MBA will be an added advantage.
- 8+ years’ experience in finance, corporate finance, private equity and/or senior financial management within a reputable organization is required.
- Great attention to details and good analytical skills needed.
- Excellent leadership, and communication and presentation skills are required.
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills required.
If you fit into this profile, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in word document.