The Expected candidate is responsible for profitably growing and managing the business from end to end, providing strategic and operational leadership for the company and working closely with the Board of Directors and the management team to drive the achievement of organizational goals.
- Define, articulate and implement the ccompany’s strategic direction and ambition, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic objectives as defined by the Board.
- Monitor local and global trends within the industry to ensure that the business is able to maintain and sharpen its competitive positioning and advantage
- Provide strategic input and leadership on the evaluation of potential mergers, acquisitions, or partnerships.
- Coordinate the development of commercial strategies, campaigns and integrated solutions in order to deepen market penetration, drive sales and boost revenue
- Champion the identification and implementation of opportunities to promote the business and drive its visibility
- Identify new market opportunities, deals and partnerships, overseeing the development and timely submission of all proposals, tenders and contracts in accordance with commercial terms, regulatory frameworks and agreed legal requirements.
- Provide ongoing market and industry intelligence, conducting market assessment activities for various business scenarios for Board review to support business decision making
- Provide oversight on all business operations across the business, providing periodic reports to the Board on same
- Ensure the development of relevant structures (process, people, and systems) to support the achievement of the vision, goals and objectives of the business
- Provide oversight on the development of a cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, including the setting of a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Examine all financial investments and major capital expenditure for the business and make recommendations to the Board
- Serve as the approving authority for financial operations, transactions and activities for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA or post graduate qualification would be an advantage
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role or in a Sales Lead position
- Strong experience creating markets and deepening penetration for new or niche products