I am currently looking to recruit a BUYER who will be responsible for maximizing buying commercial efficiency for a Multinational Retail Company located in Lagos.
- Investigates all reasonable sourcing possibilities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers
- Develops / sets KPI’s for vendors in line with overall category / company strategy
- Negotiates trading terms for the year ahead
- Looks at vendors across category / understanding market – impact of strategy on vendors
- Analyses category performance and identify opportunities for enhancements and efficiencies
- Ensures pricing details auctioned
- Updates vendor contact file and actions new listing
- Runs daily / weekly / monthly reports
- Ensures vendors confirmation on deal / pricing in writing
- Handles store queries on price / listing
- Negotiates cost price & sets selling price for articles
Customer / Competitor Analysis
- Monitors and analyses competitor activities and initiates response and collates competitor activity over range
- Keeps up to date on customer research, trends and behaviors
- Keeps aware / abreast of new developments within area of specialization
Financial Targets / Indicators
- Adheres to pricing rules
- Prepares for trading term negotiations by looking at history, company strategies, category strategy & objectives
- Requests / gathers information on vendor strategies and initiatives, and likely competitor activities
- Balances gross against sales in order to meet category targets
- Communicates with demand planning with respect to promotions, new lines, seasonal lines, vendor information
Category and Range Management
- Ensures overall strategy reflected in buying decisions
- Checks and signs off planograms
- Commissions planogram for new stores
- Minimum 5years experience in similar role, or as a Senior Procurement Professional
- Retail experience is preferred but manufacturing experience within the FMCG space is welcomed
- SAP experience is highly needed
- In-depth understanding of Logistics, Procurement, Oversea Importation and Marketing.
If you meet the above requirement, kindly share your updated CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org and use job title as the subject of the mail.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.