Location: Ota, Ogun state
Our Client, a Top FMCG company is looking to attract a highly experienced Assistant R & D manager to assist the SENIOR R & D MANAGER in research and development activities for new products and improvement of the quality of existing products/Process/lines. He/She is responsible for the R&D Chief Technologist & R&D Project officer.
1. Research and development of new products in line with the specified quality standards for foods and beverages by NAFDAC/SON.
2. Product improvement and reformulation, especially with respects to existing products (in line with the set standards for such products).
3. Process/line improvements by sourcing for ways that could improve the existing processing methods/line efficiency, with the aim of reducing ‘down time’, cost of production, etc.
4. NUTRITIVE/SENSORY EVALUATION: Developing instrument/sensory evaluation for products, especially in the determination of sensitive components (e.g. vitamins and minerals in wines and non-alcoholic products). Also, to ensure proper Sensory activity team/ plan for new and existing products is to be put in place and reviewed regularly with the superior.
5. Solving critical problems caused by poor raw material, erratic supplies, products with off specification issues and investigating the reason for the poor products quality of the final product to avoid future re-occurrence (e.g., cloudy appearance, sediment formation in products, change in product quality, etc.)
6. Monitor Blending and Bottling of all new products in conjunction with Quality Control and sign off all process do documents for a period of four (4) months.
7. At the expiration of the (4) months developmental activities on-line, a project report is to be written on the concerned product(s), stating activities carried out, specifications required for such products(s), product shelve life, etc., before handing over to QC.
8. Shelf-life studies of new and existing products.
9. Research material sourcing/ standardization as well as finding alternative raw materials for use in product formulation.
10. Any other jobs as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
1. BS.c/HND Industrial chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, & Technology, and at least 12 years (Post qualification) Experience in the food and beverage industry.
2. Must have been exposed to product/process research and developmental activities and be able to effectively manage a research team.
3. Must be a computer literate, proactive, innovative as well as an effective communicator.
4. Must be result oriented and be able to meet up with scheduled deadlines.
Please send CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Assistant R & D Manager”, if you meet the requirements above you will be contacted shortly after.
Location: Ota, Ogun state